Friday 5 June 2009

TIME

I'm in a bit of a reflective mood today, just thinking how quickly my three children are growing and how time runs away with us and there is nothing we can do about it.

I sometimes get so bogged down with what I'm doing that I don't get down to the kids level - literally or metaphorically, and feel a little bit guilty, like most parents Im sure, that I don't give them enough quality time.

This morning Nat (aged five) seemed to say "mummy" every two minutes and as I was busy trying to fit allsorts in before school I got a little bit short with him. He just wanted to be close to me and for me to give him some attention and what I did give him just wasn't enough. So he played up, because any attention is better than none, negative or positive.

I left him at school upset and not wanting to stay. He's usually so happy go lucky and I left in a sombre mood. Hope he soon cheers up. I can't wait to see him at the end of his day, and have, of course, vowed to make it up to him later today in my mind!

I find one of the best ways to get close to my three is to have a tickling match. They love it and we all roll around in a tangle of limbs and they giggle away. It lifts my heart and I keep telling Nat that his laugh is my happy thought if I'm feeling down and he's not there.

So 3.30pm this afternoon, thats what I'll be instigating in my house. After the sweet shop of course, it is Friday after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment